Download and Print our Worker Compensation Form
When you have a work related injury and you are unrepresented, there are several things you should keep in mind.
Top 9 List
- Report your injury to your supervisor, foremen or any other designated representative with your employer.
- Seek medical treatment.
- Consult a lawyer if you have questions or if your benefits are discontinued or denied.
- Make sure to keep updated work restrictions.
- Save all important documents including medical records, incident reports, restrictions etc.
- Submit mileage and out of pocket expenses to the insurer.
- Cooperate with medical treatment and vocational assistance.
- Keep track of job search efforts if you are not working.
- Be honest.
Please remember this list is not comprehensive but highlights some key items you should keep in mind. Please remember to consult with an attorney if you have questions.